Since our firm’s beginning, Crawford has always focused on managing the investment portfolios of individuals and families by offering both attractive long-term investment returns and superior client service. Clients with substantial portfolios look to Crawford as their fiduciary to fulfill their need for consistent returns, investment income and tax-efficiency. Along with our ability to moderate risk, these qualities are essential to our clients’ peace of mind. Our private clients benefit from an investment process that has been vetted and voted on by institutional investors. When it comes to the integrity and rigor of our investment process, all of our clients benefit from the highest standards required by the largest investment funds.
Clear, straightforward and transparent communications are our hallmark. Close and regular contact is measured in these ways:
- Each client has direct access to the portfolio manager who manages the client’s account and maintains close communications.
- An Investment Policy Statement (IPS) is presented early in the relationship. The IPS defines the client’s goals and objectives and serves as a roadmap for the client’s preferences and describes how the portfolio will be invested.
- Frequent communications include a letter of explanation each time a security is bought or sold.
- Investment returns are reported each quarter along with an account appraisal and our economic outlook, which provides insight into our view on the markets and economy.
- Regular meetings are initiated by the portfolio managers to review the client’s investments. Communications about quarterly fees and an annual summary of gains and losses simplify our clients’ recordkeeping and understanding of the investment expenses they are paying.
- As the client’s primary advocates, the portfolio managers may coordinate with a client’s legal and tax advisors, as required on their behalf.
In all of our dealings, we let our clients know that we value their relationships. They will always reach a person who can address their questions or will have their call returned promptly.